Welcome to For The People Pte Ltd (“FTP”)!
We sell Event packages which we may arrange and organise. In addition, we may also act as agent on behalf of the organisers, promoters, speakers, venues or producers of an Event to sell Event packages arranged and organised by them. When we trade with you in any of such capacities, we do so on these Standard Terms of Trade, subject to any other terms in writing to the contrary.
|means a day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in Singapore when banks in Singapore are open for business;|
|means the date when we accept your order in accordance with Clause 2;|
|means the Course Enrolment Form; our Personal Data Protection Policy; and any documents referred to in it, together with these Terms and Conditions, as the same may from time to time be amended at our sole and entire discretion;|
|“Course Enrolment Form”|
|means the Course Enrolment Form through which you have booked your place to attend the relevant Event;|
|means the person identified on the Couse Enrolment Form booking the Event(s);|
|means the event(s); and/or package of events specified in the Course Enrolment Form;|
|means the provider of the Event(s) as set out in the Course Enrolment Form;|
|means the fee payable by you for the Event(s) as set out in the Course Enrolment Form;|
|means any material supplied by us to you as part of the Event(s);|
|means the services supplied by us as an organiser and booking agent for your place at the Event(s);|
|“Terms and Conditions”|
|means the terms and conditions set out below which form part of the Contract; and|
|means The I Quadrant Pte Ltd a company duly incorporated in the Republic of Singapore, which registered office is at 11A Hamilton Road, Singapore 209182.|
|“Business Day”||means a day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in Singapore when banks in Singapore are open for business;|
|“Commencement Date”||means the date when we accept your order in accordance with Clause 2;|
|“Contract”||means the Course Enrolment Form; our Personal Data Protection Policy; and any documents referred to in it, together with these Terms and Conditions, as the same may from time to time be amended at our sole and entire discretion;|
|“Course Enrolment Form”||means the Course Enrolment Form through which you have booked your place to attend the relevant Event;|
|“Customer/you/your”||means the person identified on the Couse Enrolment Form booking the Event(s);|
|“Event(s)”||means the event(s); and/or package of events specified in the Course Enrolment Form;|
|“Event Provider”||means the provider of the Event(s) as set out in the Course Enrolment Form;|
|“Fee”||means the fee payable by you for the Event(s) as set out in the Course Enrolment Form;|
|“Material Pack”||means any material supplied by us to you as part of the Event(s);|
|“Services”||means the services supplied by us as an organiser and booking agent for your place at the Event(s);|
|“Terms and Conditions”||means the terms and conditions set out below which form part of the Contract; and|
|“FTP/we/our/us”||means The I Quadrant Pte Ltd a company duly incorporated in the Republic of Singapore, which registered office is at 11A Hamilton Road, Singapore 209182.|
If you wish to make a change to your order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within two (2) days of the date of submission of the Course Enrolment Form. We shall inform you whether the change you wish to make is possible. If it is possible, we shall then inform you about any changes to the Fee, the timing of the Event(s) or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change, and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. You should respond before any deadline stipulated, failing which the change will not be effected and you shall be bound by your original order. If the change you have requested for is not possible, you shall be bound by your original order.
a. attend the Event(s); and
b. receive a copy of the Material Pack (where applicable)
1. The Fee payable for the Event(s) (which, where applicable, includes GST) will be the fee set out on the Course Enrolment Form.
2. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the details of the Events we advertise may be inaccurately stated. We normally check on these details before accepting your order and shall inform you of such discrepancies before accepting it. However, where the Fee has been incorrectly stated, and the correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we shall charge the lower amount. If the Event’s correct price at your order date is, however, higher than the correct price, we shall contact you for your instructions before we accept your order. If we accept and process your Course Enrolment Form where an error is obvious and unmistakable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mistake, we may, at our sole and entire discretion, end the Contract and refund you any sums you have paid.
3. Where the Course Enrolment Form
a. states that payment is required in one lump sum, the Fee shall be due in full prior to our acceptance of the Course Enrolment Form; or
b. states that payment shall be made in instalments, you must pay each instalment to us in the amounts and on or before the dates specified in the Course Enrolment Form.
4. Payments made under this Contract must be made by the means specified in the Course Enrolment Form.
5. If you do not make any payment to us by any due date set, we may, in addition to other rights we may possess under this Contract or under law, charge interest to you on the overdue amount at the rate of eight percent (8%) a year. This interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the said due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. We shall also be entitled to be reimbursed by you for our costs incurred in recovering any outstanding debt from you, which shall include, without limitation, all investigative and legal costs; and expenses arising.
1. All intellectual property rights developed and used in performing the Event(s); and/or contained in any material contained in the Material Pack (the “Event IP”), are either owned by us; or from the Event Provider, or a third party supplier through whom we have obtained licensing.
2. Nothing in this Contract permits you to use any part of the Event IP for any purpose except for permitted use during your attendance at the relevant Event. You are strictly prohibited from recording all or any of the Event(s) including any photographic, audio or video recordings.
3. You may only use all and any parts of the Event IP for personal educational purposes. Without limitation to the generality of this limitation, you may not:
a. alter any part of the Event IP;
b. copy or reproduce any part of the Event IP;
c. communicate any part of the Event IP; and/or
d. sell or attempt to exploit any part of the Material Pack or the Event IP; or supply or attempt to supply any part of the Material Pack or the Event IP to any third parties, whether or not for consideration.
a. FTP’s premises and the premises at which an Event may be held, including non-public areas, may be monitored regularly by closed circuit surveillance cameras (“CCTV”) for monitoring and security purposes. You agree and understand that some of your activities during your attendance at such premises will be recorded by such CCTV; and
b. The Event may be filmed or recorded by us or by a third party. Purchasing your access to the Event through us confirms your permission to the filming and sound recording of yourself at the Event. You consent to the use and disclosure of such footage for FTP’s marketing and promotional purposes across all media throughout the world; and you further consent to the retention of such footage by FTP for security and archival purposes.Personal Data Protection
5. For the purposes of this Contract, “Personal Data” shall mean “data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified — (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which the Company has or is likely to have access; and/or any other personal data”, as defined under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012(the “PDPA”).
7. You expressly and without any reservation consent, for the purposes of the Event and after its termination, to the disclosure of your Personal Data to any organisation related to the Event, including the Event Provider or any third party service provider performing functions on the FTP’s behalf for the purpose of fulfilling the purposes in this Contract. You acknowledge that in certain instances the Company may need to transfer or disclose your Personal Data to third parties, including third party service providers rendering services on the Company’s behalf, even where these third parties are located out of Singapore. Common examples of third party service providers are call centres, and firms providing supporting services – for example, food and travel and accommodation services, and others. Other third parties can include regulatory authorities, including tax authorities, and government agencies or, potentially, third parties with whom FTP may merge with or acquire in future.
1. You may terminate this Contract within three (3) days of the Commencement Date (the “Cooling Off Period”), without any liability in writing by delivering or sending (including electronic mail) a cancellation notice in writing to us at 11A Hamilton Road, Singapore 209182 or to email@example.com (the “Cancellation Notice”). Should you terminate the Contract in accordance with the foregoing, unless preparations have started, we shall refund the money you have paid to us under this Contract. If preparations have already commenced or if we have started to provide Services to you under this Contract, then we may deduct from any refund a reasonable amount for payment for these works. If a refund is due from us to you, we shall process it within fourteen (14) days.
2. If you choose to cancel your participation at any Event(s) for any reason after the Cooling Off Period mentioned above, you will not receive a refund for a cancellation made. We shall have no further liability to you in respect of the cancellation.
3. If any Event is rescheduled, changed or moved, we shall usually give you the option of attending the Event on the new date and/or location. We shall have no liability to you in respect of rescheduling, changing or moving of an Event.
1. All Events included in Package packages must be completed within the time frame specified in your written acceptance of the Course Enrolment Form, or where no time frame is stated, twelve (12) months from the Commencement Date (the “Package Period”). It is your responsibility to complete the Events within the Package Period, and no refund shall be payable for any Events not undertaken in the Package Period. However, you may elect to extend the Package Period to complete any Events in a Package for an extension fee of SGD 500 per year, provided that the Event(s) is still being offered by us after the Package Period. Should the Event(s) no longer be offered after the Package Period, we shall have no further liability or responsibility to you for the Event(s) you had signed up for.
2. Where you purchase any Package, only you personally are entitled to attend the Events in the package. No transfers shall be entertained.
3. Any balance outstanding for any Package will become due and payable immediately following the expiry of the Package Period.
Except in relation to Package purchases, in the event that you are unable to attend an Event(s) you have booked and paid for, you may transfer your ticket to a nominated new attendee subject to notifying us in writing at least fourteen (14) Business Days before the applicable Event starts, and providing us with their full contact details. An administration fee of SGD 80 will apply.
1. We act only as organiser and booking agent to arrange your place at an Event. We do not provide any representations, warranties or promises in relation to the Event Provider or the Event itself, and we have no responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage of any kind suffered at or in any Event.
2. The Event Provider or venue operator may refuse admission or require you to leave the venue at their discretion. For the avoidance of doubt, we shall not be responsible for any refunds should the same occur. Amongst other things you will need to comply with health and safety rules and any security requirements (including security searches for the safety of those attending an Event). The venue or the Event Provider will have rights to refuse admission or eject You in certain circumstances.
3. We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with our obligations under this Contract, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaching this Contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we shall not be responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the Contract was made, both you and us knew it might happen, for example, if you had discussed it with us during the sales process.
4. We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to You where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the Services including the right to receive Services which are as described and supplied with reasonable skill and care. However, in any instance, our aggregate liability to you arising from any Event shall not exceed the portion of the Fee which you have already paid for said Event.
5. We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the Services for Your use as a consumer. If You use the Services for any commercial or business purpose, we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
1. These Terms and Conditions do not create any rights or obligations enforceable by or against anyone other than us, you and, as we contract as the Event Provider’s agent, the Event Provider who has direct rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
2. If a court finds part of this Contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these Terms and Conditions operate separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
3. If we do not take action under this Contract then that shall not prevent us from taking action later on.
We will use your personal information in accordance with Clauses 7.4 and 7.6 – 7.10 above; and in accordance with our Personal Data Protection Policy.
a. such confidential information is used or disclosed with our prior written consent;
b. such confidential information has become public knowledge other than as a result of unauthorized disclosure; or
c. such confidential information is required to be disclosed to any governmental or regulatory authority or otherwise required to be disclosed by law or pursuant to an order of court of competent jurisdiction.
a. be in writing and in the English Language and shall be delivered personally or by AR Registered letter;
b. be deemed to have been received, in the case of a letter delivered personally; or 4 days after it has been put into the post; and
c. be sent to us at 11A Hamilton Road, Singapore 209182 ; or to you at your address set out in the Course Enrolment Form , or to such other address as is notified by a party to the other party of this Contract from time to time.
1. Entire Agreement
This Contract and the Personal Data Policy embodies all the terms and conditions agreed upon between the parties that governs the relationship between the parties in relation to the Event, and supersedes any and all other contracts, representations, and arrangements, whether oral or in writing, heretofore made by the parties with reference to the subject matter hereof.
We reserve the right, in our sole and entire discretion, to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting the changes on our website (the “Site”) and providing notice of such change. Any changes are effective immediately upon posting to the Site and release of notice of such change. Your continued use of any part of our Services thereafter constitutes your agreement to all such changed Terms and Conditions. We may, with or without prior notice, terminate any of the rights granted by these Terms and Conditions. You shall comply immediately with any termination or other notice.
If any provision of this Agreement shall be prohibited by or adjudged by a court to be unlawful, void or unenforceable such provision shall to the extent required be severed from this Contract and rendered ineffective as far as possible without modifying the remaining provisions of this Contract and shall not in any way affect any other circumstances or the validity or enforcement of this Contract.
4. No Waiver
Delay or failure by any party to exercise any of its powers, rights or remedies shall not preclude any other or further exercise of them. Any waiver to be effective must be in writing. The remedies provided in this Contract are cumulative and not exclusive of any remedies provided by law.
5. Relationship of Parties
Nothing in this Contract shall be deemed to constitute a partnership, joint venture or association between the parties or constitute any party as an agent of any other party, or render any party liable for the debts or liabilities of any other party.
6. Rights of Third Parties
A person not a party to this Agreement shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap 53B) to enforce any of the terms of this Contract.
1. Any dispute or difference (“Dispute”) between us arising out of or relating to or in connection with this Contract including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination shall be resolved either by reference to mediation, arbitration or by court proceedings, as elected by us.
2. Notwithstanding Clause 18.1, if any Dispute at any time arises between us in respect of the interpretation of this Agreement or concerning anything herein contained or arising out of this Agreement or as to the rights, liabilities or duties of the said Parties hereunder, we agree that we shall first use reasonable endeavours to seek to agree a settlement in good faith.
3. If any Dispute cannot be resolved, and we elect to bring the Dispute to
a. mediation, the Dispute shall be referred to the Singapore Mediation Centre in accordance with its prevailing prescribed form, rules and procedure;
b. arbitration, the Dispute shall be referred to arbitration at the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC”). The arbitration shall take place in Singapore at the SIAC, and the arbitration shall be conducted according to the SIAC Rules for the time being in force. The tribunal shall consist of one arbitrator to be appointed in accordance with the SIAC Rules. The language of the arbitration shall be English. The Parties hereby agree that it is their intention that the arbitrator(s) must give full force and effect to all of the terms and provisions of this Agreement in resolving all such disputes. The arbitration award shall be final and binding upon the Parties. The Parties shall fulfil its terms accordingly. The arbitration fee shall be borne by the losing Party. In the course of arbitration, both Parties shall continue to perform its obligations under this Agreement except for the parts under arbitration; or
c. litigation, the Parties hereby submit themselves to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Singapore.